- CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT: Before you head out, make sure your tires are properly inflated and do a quick check of your brakes and chain. Not sure how? Bring your bike in and we'll show you.
- WEAR THE RIGHT CLOTHING: Bright colors, reflective vests and flashing lights will all help to make sure drivers can see you.
- WEAR A HELMET: New York State requires helmets for children 13 and younger, but it's a good idea for everyone to wear a helmet. We carry a full range of helmets for kids and adults.
- KNOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD: Make sure you have a good understanding of the rules of the road. Always ride IN THE DIRECTION of traffic. Make sure to obey all traffic signals and stop signs.
- THINK AHEAD: Always anticipate what drivers, pedestrians and other riders might do. Keep an eye out for potholes or other obstructions.
The most important thing to us at Merrick Bicycles is that all of our customers stay safe on the roads. Here are some tips for safe cycling.
Keep up to date with everything going on at Merrick Bicycles